Let’s face it folks, SEO is not an easy process. It is a craft that morphs and grows almost every single day. As long as innovation brews and search algorithms are tweaked we will all have to roll with the punches of search. You can’t expect the search system to operate the same today as it did in 2003 can you? I always like when any major search engine entity discusses SEO factors because if you want to know and understand how to do it correctly you need to listen to them and what they say when they say it.
Bing recently had a discussion on their webmaster blog about different SEO factors. Now don’t get overwhelmed when you go through the list because it is extensive but if SEO was easy everyone would be running a muck in the search space. Search engine optimization efforts can vary in detail between Bing & Google but the overall concept always stays the same — be efficient and brand your business.
Here is a summary of their discussion:
- Crawlability – Search engines need to be able to read your site correctly.
- Site Structure – Sloppy site structure can cause slow climbing in the search space.
- Content Hierarchy – Content positioning is extremely important for SEO.
- On-Page Factors – Certain on page design factors feed the search engines.
- Content Production – How do you produce content? Is it original?
- Link Building – Oh the holy grail of growth, you have to do it with quality in mind at all times.
- Fun Marketing Efforts
- Things You Should Avoid