We love when Google gives us valuable insight as to how their search engines evolve and change from month to month. A little while back Google started really giving the community some great information as to how their algorithm is being updated, which is great news for web marketers. With that said, Google is not going to give out the whole kit and caboodle because frankly, why would they? We should be grateful they give us the amount of information that they do. Do your best to really understand the info they give to make better search marketing choices for your brand.
Why does Google give us this info?
Google wants professional marketers to use their search tool with ethics and a right state of mind. They are working hard to rid the world of spammers who flood their search pages with useless pages and information. Google wants businesses to understand how to properly market their websites pushing their brand proactively through the pages of their search engine. The better the approach the better the user experience.
Here is a snapshot of some of the updates but to read them all visit the Google Inside Search blog post to read all.
- More authoritative results – Authority comes with influence and strong branding, time to get cracking!
- Keyword Stuffing – Google now gives out penalties for improper use of keywords, aka keyword stuffing
- More efficient generation of alternative titles – Giving an even stronger importance on page content
- More comprehensive predictions for local queries – More emphasis on local business
- Better query interpretation – Google search is getting smarter
- No freshness boost for low-quality content – Low quality content will get no love
To read all of Aprils search updates visit the Google Inside Search blog and get a better understanding as to what is happening with search.