Are you interested in starting a video marketing campaign? We think that is a great idea! There are tons of benefits to video marketing. Your company can generate even more leads, engage more customers, build brand awareness, increase blog traffic, and so much more.
However, diving into the unknown is often a bit daunting. If you are unsure of where to begin, here are some simple tips and suggestions to get you started.
- The best on-camera talent might not be the most obvious candidate. Your marketing and sales professionals are, undoubtedly, good at their job. However, put them on camera and they might not be the most convincing representation of your company. What about the administrative assistant who always greets everyone with a smile? Or the night-shift manager whose natural exuberance seems to be contentious? You may find that your company’s best cheerleader is actually a hidden gem!
- Don’t worry about the details, just get started! If you spend tons of time worrying about the tiniest of details, you’re bound to push your start date further and further back on your calendar. Don’t worry about which camera you should use. Don’t worry about editing out all the “mistakes.” Just get your message out there. Start publishing video. Once you get started, be consistent – post regularly.
- Be authentic. Viewers will appreciate the passion you have for the topic and the honesty with which you deliver the information. Don’t worry about impressing your audience; just be open and honest. As a result, your viewers will accept you as an authority.
- Become a guest author on other blogs. Imbed your videos in articles and reach an even bigger audience. Not only will you form a valuable, long-term relationship with other prominent members of your field, you’ll also entice more readers to visit your blog.
- Create video tutorials about various topics in your industry. People love visual, step-by-step demonstrations. The popularity of this type of video has the potential to spread like wildfire.
- Start a video contest. A contest is a great way to get user-generated content. Plus, you can make the contest social – encourage participants to share their submission and gather voters.
Do you have any ideas we left off the list? Let us know! We’d love to hear from you!
Lindsey Davidson does marketing for Custom Corntoss. She recently helped them make a video about how funny cornhole is – watch it here. As a small business, the company is just getting started with video marketing possibilities.