‘Do Follow Links’ was a term introduced by Google. It encompasses links which actually pass the traffic juice to linked webpage and increase target’s page rank. There is a vast amount of content out there. To get yours noticed, there are certain measures you need to take. Dofollow links is a fundamental measure. It’s a time tested way of getting traffic to your blog with some help from a blog/website in your niche which is already doing well.
Guest blogging is akin to killing two birds with one stone. Despite how knowledgeable and well versed a blogger you may be; readers are likely to prefer articles from a website with multiple writers. Luckily, countless websites are willing to accept in-depth and useful articles from guest bloggers. As a website owner yourself, it means dofollow backlinks for you!
A more compelling introduction to guest blogging would mention its capabilities of getting you authoritative qualified traffic, relevant backlinks, motivated leads, and soaring sales for your business.
Guest blogging could be called the heart of outsource online marketing. It’s easy as well as highly effective. But, we must add, only if your guest posts are elaborate, up-to-date, and fun to read. That may sound like a lot to ask but it has surely has worthwhile results for your website. If they find your guest post pragmatic, people will definitely hunt down the source and visit your website/blog for more.
The Skyscraper Technique
Self explanatory, skyscraper technique requires you to find the tallest ‘skyscraper’ content in your niche and add a further 20 floors to it yourself. Now, you have the skyscraper, highest ranking content in the space which every website offers dofollow backlinks to. Sounds easy, doesn’t it? Well, it’s no rocket science. All you need to do is:
- Find proven linkable assets: Create a high-value page that you can leverage for link again and again. Its content should be so useful, so incredible that people are forced to add a link to that page on their websites.
- Make it better: This is what we meant by adding 20 stories to the skyscraper. You can make it longer, update it, better design it, and/or add more details to it.
- Reach out to people to provide you backlinks: It’s important you choose the right websites to ask for backlinks. The website should have already posted something relevant to your linkable asset, be part of your business niche, and should be higher ranking than your own.
The skyscraper technique has worked for many people before you and if you devote in smart efforts, it will surely work for your website/blog, too.
The Moving Man Method
You must have heard the term being tossed around during a conference on how to get dofollow backlinks. Although people use it less frequently than the other two methods, one cannot deny it’s an assured means of getting high quality backlinks. Let’s briefly walk you through the nitty gritty of the Moving Man Method:
- Find sites in your market which have moved to a new URL, changed names, stopped offering services, stopped updating resources, or have completely shut down online business.
- Create a piece of content that is up-to-date, more powerful, and more relevant than the defunct website was offering.
- Reach out to the hundreds of people still linking to the old website. Ask if they would be interested in linking to your webpage in lieu of the defunct, outdated webpage.
The Moving Man Method has only recently hit the online marketing world but is rapidly gaining fame. There is little work and more wit involved in this method of getting dofollow backlinks.
Junaid Ali Qureshi is a digital marketing specialist who has helped several businesses gain traffic, outperform competition and generate profitable leads. His current ventures include Elephantation, eLabelz, Smart Leads.ae, Progos Tech and eCig.